XrmDefinitelyTyped generates TypeScript declaration files based on your Dynamics 365/CRM/xRM solution.
PM> Install-Package Delegate.XrmDefinitelyTyped
It is the TypeScript equivalent of CrmSvcUtil, but instead of generating early-bound .NET classes for server-side code, it generates TypeScript interfaces for all your client-side coding.
It generates data-specific declaration files for:
- The Xrm object model for client-side coding of forms and custom pages
- Global and entity-specific option sets
- The standard SDK.REST.js API for querying CRM via OData.
- The standard SDK.MetaData.js API for querying the metadata of CRM.
- XrmQuery for the Web API and the old REST endpoint. XrmQuery makes it possible to perform fully type-safe queries to CRM.
All this makes it possible to catch bugs at compile-time in your IDE (instead of at runtime on the CRM instance), as well as providing full intellisense for the APIs and entities, which greatly enhances the coding experience!
Then depending on what you need to do, check out how the different parts work by following the links in the side menu.