XrmContext generates early-bound .NET classes which represent the entity model of the given Dynamics CRM instance.
It is very similar to that of CrmSvcUtil, but has several new features that help you code better and more reliably, and generates files that takes up less space.
- Much smaller code files
- Both entity- and solution-based filtering available
- Option sets are generated as enums
Attributes of type
OptionSetValue(and others) have been abstracted away, and strongly-typed, to allow for cleaner and more robust code.
- Additional helper methods for both entities and the service context have been added.
- Simple deprecation of attributes/fields
- DebuggerDisplay attributes on entities
Click here for more details on each of these points.